T.H.E. Ranch owner Bonnie Ebsen Jackson and co-facilitator therapist Andrea Abad share a laugh after a full day of clients.
When clients arrive at this hidden oasis outside of Prescott, Arizona, they are struck by the peaceful environment—and the animals! The ranch dogs greet them like old friends, the turtles and bullfrogs laze about in the pond and the horses… the eight therapy horses employed by T.H.E. Ranch stand at the fence, ready for the fun to begin! The therapy herd contains horses of all sizes, from a miniature that barely tops two feet, to a towering half-draft PMU mare. They are patient and willing partners in recovery and enlightenment.
Whether it is a two-hour intensive session for one of the many recovery centers in Yavapai county or an full day of personal enrichment that starts with coffee at the Bunkhouse and includes reflective journal respites under the pond willows, you will want to come to T.H.E. Ranch for your equine-assisted therapy and enrichment.
Programs offered by T.H.E. Ranch currently and in the near future include:
- Equi-nections, a multi-week psycho-education for people wishing to enhance their recovery or improve their lives, based on Brene Brown’s research of shame resilience and vulnerability.
- Equine-assisted EMDR for people recovering from trauma, offered by appointment for individuals and as part of the Equi-nections curriculum.
- Empty Nest, an equine-assisted support group for estranged parents of adolescent and adult children.
- Sister S’port, an equine-assisted support group for women facing change and recovery.
- GIRLS RULE! and Life Skills Horsemanship, an experiential education/horsemanship hybrid for large and small groups of adolescents
Equine-assisted individual and group coaching for adults in transition.
For information on programs and services featured on this website, contact us at (928) 899-5088 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org